The sun shone on Saturday to brightly reflect the spirit and dedication of our small community nestled in the heart of Canada’s largest city.
Yes, we had Mother Nature to thank but our biggest thanks go to the vibrant families, teachers & staff, businesses and organizations who lit up the day with an energy that resulted in one HOT event!
Thank you to our warm volunteers who cumulatively provided thousands of hours to:
- Spin cotton candy, pop popcorn, serve food & drinks and BBQ for the entire Fair (special shout- out to our main grill man, Mario Fiorucci!)
- Lead carnival games & activities
- Paint faces and style hair
- Sell & collect tickets
- Collect tokens and hand-out in-demand prizes
- Solicit auction items, create beautiful baskets and deliver a fabulous Silent Auction (thanks also to the families who donated to our ‘centralized’ basket & prize room fund)!
- Set-up and clean-up the Fair
- Manage and organize hundreds of volunteers
- PLUS the extensive committee work (30 members who coordinated the pre-planning & detailed organization to lead up to the big day)!
A huge round of applause to Allenby’s caretakers who always go above and beyond (and always with smiling faces) to think outside the box to help make the day run smoothly!
We thank our teachers and administrators who attempted to ‘Beat the Bucket’ (all unsuccessfully) and were drenched (yet still smiling).
We thank all the teachers and staff who came out with their families to support the event including our grade 5 teachers who helped their students run a booth for Global Scholars.
Finally, we thank our many supporters one last time for their donated time, auction items, activities and/or financial contribution to offset the expense of the Fair.
Please consider supporting the following businesses and organizations this summer and throughout the year:
- A Kind Heart
- Activecare Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Allenby Daycare
- Artbarn School
- Barre Belle
- Brickworks Ciderhouse
- Brush Floss & Smile
- Canadian Tire
- CLAP Art Studio
- Dave Young Fruit Market
- David Batori RE/MAX Hallmark Batori Group
- Fairlawn Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre
- Five Peas in a Pod
- Groove School of Dance
- Jack of Sports
- Just Bounce Trampoline
- Le Dolci
- Little Fingers Music
- Magen Boys Entertainment
- Main Event Fun
- MakerKids Leaside
- Mathnasium Forest Hill
- Matt Finlayson Guitar
- Musica Music School
- North Toronto Early Years Learning Centre
- North Toronto Hockey Association
- Oxford Learning Forest Hill
- Oxygen Yoga and Fitness
- Resource Group Canada
- Phipps Bakery and Cafe
- Teachers on Call
- The Eglinton Way BIA
- The Family Shul Hebrew School
- The Healthy Butcher
- The Mad Bean
- Toronto Athletic Camps (TAC Sports), TAC Aquatics, TAC Academy and Lifetime Skills Academy (LSA)
- True North Sports Camps
- Tutor Bright
- Weston Foods
- WonderPhil, Magician