The Allenby Parents’ Association & Community Trust present:
FAMILY NIGHT OUT!
ALLENBY GOES TO THE DRIVE-IN
Thursday, November 30
6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Allenby Junior Public School
(enter at St. Clements and Allenby main doors facing Avenue Road)
Join Us at Family Night Out! Allenby Goes to the Drive-in…
Join us at this family-themed event featuring The Home-Built Car Contest, the movie Robots, special video presentations and appearances by Allenby students, and a fabulous silent auction. All proceeds from the evening support school priorities that the APA helps fund. It will be an evening you won’t want to miss!
Order your tickets today on Amilia. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door (cash only). Children two years and under are free! Children must be accompanied by an adult – no drop-offs, please.
Back to top
The Evening’s Festivities Include…
- The Home-Built Car Contest (cars built at home and judged at event – $2.00 car entry reservation on Amilia). Click here for full contest details
- Movie Theatre inspired concession stands (Pizza, popcorn, treats! Cash only)
- Allenby’s favourite Silent Auction (cash, cheque, credit card)
- Special video presentations and appearances by our Allenby students
- the Movie: ROBOTS
The Schedule of Events…
6:00 pm Doors Open & Pre-show Activities
- Silent auction viewing and bidding
- Allenby student video presentations
- Car parking (drop-off your home-built cars for judging)
- Concession stands (grab dinner before the movie)
7:00 pm Movie Showtime in the Gym
- Silent auction is open for bidding until the end of intermission
8:00 pm Intermission
- Enjoy some snacks and complete bidding for the silent auction
8:30 pm Movie Resumes and Silent Auction Closes
8:55 pm Movie Concludes
8:55 Car Contest Winners Announced
9:00 – 9:30 Auction Payment and Pick-Up
- Pay for and pick-up your silent auction items in the library (cash, cheque or credit card)
The Home-Built Car Contest…
At home, work together as a family, in a team of friends or on your own, and enter your creation in our home-built car contest. Cars are assembled in advance of Family Night Out and they will be judged during the event for a chance to win one of four $100.00 gift certificate packages for Cineplex Odeon. Click here for full contest details
Prizes will be awarded to the top cars in the following categories:
- Most Original Design
(Is it a car of the future? One that floats? Does it look like a bug?)
- Best Use of Recycled Materials
(Cardboard, newspaper, pizza boxes, plastic containers and paper towel rolls – what can you create?)
- Best Use of Technology
(Working lights, horn and a GPS? What can you engineer?)
- Most Fun Car
(This one will bring a smile to our judges faces!)
Cars will be displayed the evening of the event in the gym and throughout the school as space allows based on the number of entries.
The Silent Auction…
A great selection of:
- Kids camps and programs
- Dining experiences
- Toys and tech items
- Gym memberships
- Sporting goods
- Spa services
- Allenby experiences offered by the teachers and staff at our school
Cash, credit cards and cheques accepted at the silent auction. Click here for auction item previews.
The APA would like to thank:
for sponsorship of the Prizes for the Home-Built Car Contest!
Thank you to all of the businesses and families who donated items and services to the silent auction.
A special thank you to Gaël Porteu for his creative design of the posters and brochures and to Sandra Robles for printing the material.
Thank you to Allenby Administration, Teachers and Office & Custodial Staff – especially all of the teachers and staff who donated generously to the silent auction Allenby experiences. A special thank you to Mme Sarah Pryor for her assistance with the student video presentations. A big thanks to Janine MacNeil for the website design and her updates to the APA website throughout the year. Thanks also to Joanna Akyol for her ongoing coordination of the weekly APA newsletter. We would be lost without the continuous dedication of Janine and Joanna to our communication delivery. Thank you!
Thank you to our many parent volunteers and families for supporting Allenby’s inaugural Family Night Out including our Family Night Out committee members: