The 29th annual Allenby Lip Sync will be held on Thursday, February 27 and Friday, February 28, 2020 in the school gym (doors open @ 6 pm, show starts @ 7 pm).
This fun-filled fundraiser is organized by the Allenby Parents Association and involves groups of students dancing and lip sync-ing to their favourite hits in front of a rockin’ crowd!
LIP SYNC GUIDELINES & KEY DATES
- Due to the popularity of the event and number of acts to schedule each night, we ask that groups include a minimum of 3 students.
- Groups will perform on either February 27 or 28 – we will do our best to accommodate scheduling requests while aiming for an equal number of performances each night.
- Acts must be a maximum of 2 minutes in length, with a recommended length of 1.5 minutes. Instructions for providing edited music files will be shared following registration.
- Music, lyrics, props, dance moves and costumes must be school appropriate.
- Performances may NOT include throwing of any objects off the stage (e.g. confetti, candy, balls etc…).
- Each group must be accompanied by a minimum of 1 parent at the dress rehearsal.
- A minimum of 1 parent from each group must sign-up to help out on the night of the show (e.g. food sales, tickets, set-up, clean-up etc…). Volunteer sign-up details to follow.
Dates (TBC): Tuesday, February 18 or Wednesday, February 19 from 3:35 – 6 pm, in the gym.
Groups will be invited to sign up for a specific dress rehearsal time in early February. A full performance of each act is required, including any props. Costumes are optional. Auditions will not be required this year.
To sign-up for the show, please complete the information on this form by Friday, January 31.