Class Representatives provide a connection between the APA and the parent community. These volunteers are often called upon to help with classroom party planning and volunteer organization.
Class Rep Role:
- Class Reps will be chosen by teachers and teachers may choose up to two parents to share the role.
- Teachers will submit the names of their Class Rep to the office and the APA Class Rep Coordinator.
- Parents may only be a Class Rep for one classroom.
- Class Reps are responsible for attending APA meetings, organizing contributions to various APA initiatives, communicating on behalf of the APA and other duties as requested by the teacher (e.g., coordinate classroom volunteers, help with Scholastic and plan class parties).
- Class Reps are asked not to communicate information regarding the instructional program on behalf of teachers.